Dr. Douglas W. Head
Specialist in Orthodontics
“Hi, I am Dr. Douglas Head. Practicing orthodontics allows me to improve my patient’s health and appearance and is the best job I can imagine. I love my work! Since my start in orthodontics in 2000, I enjoy going to the office each day, spending time with great patients, and being supported by an exceptional orthodontic staff.”
Orthodontic Professional Experience
Dr. Head has been in the exclusive practice of orthodontics since 2000 and is dedicated to providing the Glen Ellyn community with quality care in a fun, happy and upbeat environment.
He is currently a board member of the Illinois Society of Orthodontists, ADA – American Dental Association, AAO – American Association of Orthodontists, CDA – Chicago Dental Association and the ISDS – Illinois State Dental Society.
Orthodontic and Dental Education
Many patients tell us it is rare an orthodontist like Dr. Head, an experienced orthodontist who is just as compassionate and caring as they are qualified. Please review Dr. Head’s orthodontic and dental educational highlights below.
- M.S. degree in Orthodontics from the University of Iowa.
- Graduated with his Doctor of Medical Dentistry (D.M.D.) degree from the Medical College of Georgia.
- Valedictorian of his dental school class. Received the O.K.U. Achievement Award for having the highest GPA all four years.
- Received the Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity Award.(The nation’s highest award for dental academics for being no.1 in his class all four academic years.)
- B.S. degree in Economics from St. Bonaventure University.
- Received the award for the “Top Student” in his undergraduate studies in the disciplines of Orthodontics, Prosthodontics, and TMJ/Orofacial Pain.
Dr. Head and his wife Andrea have two boys, Graham and Ethan. When spending time away from his orthodontic practice, Dr. Head enjoys spending time with his family and all the opportunities the outdoors has to offer, like golfing, running, surfing and sports at the beach.
Did you Know Dr. Head is the President of the Illinois Society of Orthodontists?
As the President of the ILLINOIS SOCIETY OF ORTHODONTISTS, Dr. Head carries forth their mission of striving to advance the quality of orthodontics in the state of Illinois.